How to reach PADOVA SITE
- Milano-Venezia Highway (A4)
- Bologna-Padova Highway (A13)
- from Bologna: exit gate Padova Sud
In any case you can follow the roadsigns to the center of the city and Prato della Valle. From Prato della valle see the map to reach the Astronomical Observatory.
By Train (see the italian railway website Trenitalia)
- To reach the Astronomical Observatory from the Padova railway station:
- by taxi
taxi cabs in front of the railway station ( Radiotaxi Padova). The trip is around 10 minutes.
- by bus or by metrobus
You can choose different options (see directions). Bus stop in front of the railway station (APS Holding), tickets have to be purchased at the ticket office. Bus n° 12 (direction Tencarola or Selvazzano) bus or n° 18 (direction Siracusa) stop in via P. Paoli (after "Prato della Valle", see the map by Google) and turn to via S. Alberto Magno to reach the Specola tower. You can also choose the metrobus SIR1 (metro stop on the right leaving the railway station) towards "Capolinea Guizza", stop at "Cavalletto" (see the map to reach the specola) . The trip is around 20 minutes.
- on foot
see the map by Google Maps. The trip is around 30 minutes.
By Venice Marco Polo Airport
- To reach Padova:
- by bus + train: reach the Mestre-Venice railway station by bus ATVO Fly Bus or ACTV bus; see the available options in the airport website (train and bus connection). Reaching a STAZIONE FS (Railway station, both Venezia Mestre or Venezia Santa Lucia) take a train to Padova (Trenitalia). The trip is around 30 + 20 minutes.
- by coach (BUSITALIA - SITA NORD): in the timetable select TESSERA AEROPORTO (Airport) as departure (Fermate di Partenza) and PADOVA AUTOSTAZIONE (bus station) as arrival (Fermate di Arrivo), select the travel day (Data di viaggio) and then click on CORSE DI ANDATA. To reach the Observatory from the bus station located near the Railway station (see the Google map).
To reach Padova, you can take the bus of the BUSITALIA veneto line (Padova direction). Bus stop is out of the airport (SITA). You can see here the timetable (select TREVISO AEROPORTO as departure and PADOVA AUTOSTAZIONE as arrival, the date and then click on CORSE DI ANDATA). You reach the bus station that is near the Railway station and then you can reach the Observatory with the different options (see map).